Liège weeps (February 25, 2020)

Salut les homies... it is your boy.

Elder Bélanger. 

This week was really good.

This is probably where everyone stops reading...



I got a kilo of belgian chocolate last pday. It is gone thanks for asking... probably going to die. It was delicious and I have no regrets. 

We got transfer news. I am doing my 8th transfer in belgium. Which is funny because for many of you who are reading this you know who dallin is and he is on his 8th ville or city... by the end of this transfer I will have spent an entire year of my mission serving some part of belgium whether it is namur, mons, or liège. A whole flippin year banished...

We had a couple funny things happen some weren't as funny in the moment.
• we went and visited valerian and somehow ended up on mutual. He moved himself to utah and las vegas to see who was there. So we out there. We be swiping up and down. Until we see... my aunt. And my cousins. And all sorts of family members. To which I begin laughing uncontrollably and screaming in his apartment in the center of liège. 
•we ate some steaks for dinner one night. We figured it was a good idea and it was cheaper than eating out. I could cook better but it was really pretty good.
•on sunday we went to take the sacrament to Mamie. We walk into the rest home. Get questioned why we are there. The worker asks who we are looking for. A tell her mamie her name obviously she then proceeded to tell us that mamie had passed away... so i then call the relief society president and start this whole disaster. I then decided to call mamie herself. And to my surprise the phone rang. It picked up and I heard the most familiar " OUAIIIIS ". we then went back in and visited mamie. Gave her the sacrament and called the relief society president to end this before it became a bigger thing. 

So if you work in a rest home. Don't lie to people and say that people died when they didn't... bump the people that do that crap. You are trash. 

•ward conference is like a big thing here. Like we had 140 people minus the stake Presidency. It was quite weird. Ward conference at home is just another sunday. But here. It is. Everything. People who don't even show up for christmas and easter are here. I don't understand why it is such a big thing here... we sang in the choir. We were 2 of the 3 men and a billion sisters sang. 
•i can not sing and everyone always expects me to just belt it. Bruh if I try to belt it its going to sound like my vocal cords are getting ran over by a flippin tank... that is how much my voice cracks while singing...

I don't remember a whole lot else that happened.  

Frere poulson got yeeted. Sad. Crying real tears. Liege weeps.

Love a select few of you... why lie?

Frère Bélanger
La Mission Française de Paris

Comments

Popular Posts