*opens door* "VOICI..." (January 28, 2020)

This week was pretty great week ! 

Wednesday we had our exchanges in namur. I was with Elder Hill who is brand spanking new. He has literally only been here for like a week. We ate some burritos, we talked to hundreds of people and did some porting. Some highlights from the exchange were as follows
• i told someone I was from Vegas, he said "so you have escaped hell" 
•this person we stopped used the imperfect form of the verb devoir to tell me that I wasted his time in a very savage manner. I was sad but very amazed.
• Elder Hill and I decided to do some porting and at one door we decided to do some random book of mormon scripture preaching. I rang the doorbell and opened the book of mormon to Alma 44:2. They didn't answer and we decided to stop doing book of mormon door step preaching.
•another man opened his door and was like "oh I know you. I met with you years ago... You're the moroni's" dope aye? 

ELDER DRIGGS IS SO FUNNY
• so one thing i like to do to start conversation is tell them I am hungry "bonjour , excusez-moi , j'ai faim" Elder driggs has started to do this but keeps implying that we are dirt poor. Note*Missionary life is rough... but not that rough... so thursday I was feeling under the weather and I fell asleep on the bus. I wake up to this serbian couple very enthusiastically explaining to elder driggs where a soup kitchen was. "Its only one euro...super cheap :)" -serbian frere
• the bells that play in the square every fifteen minutes right next to our apartment drive Frère Driggs absolutely nuts. This week he explained his true feelings about those bells to quote driggs 

"If I go insane and start stabbing you with a spoon let me. Those bells drive me crazy"

If i disappear... it was driggs.



Other random stuff.
We walked into a baptism, this young woman in the ward, Katie just got approval from her dad to get baptized. Her dad ran into some "mexican dudes" (elder canez and elder carrillo) in brussels and they explained the church to him and he decided that she could finally get baptized. Yoooo.

While doing some contacting we ran into a lady and she's like "french not good, spanish good". So I whipped out all the spanish I knew and got this lady's number and sent it to the hermanos in Brussels.

Renaud came to church. CLUTCHHHHHH!

This week was great hope it was the same for you. 

Sois béni ,

Frère Bélanger
La Mission Française de Paris

Comments

Popular Posts